March 2, 2009

A simple rule

I was listening to a whole bunch of old music I haven't listened to in a long time...one of the songs being I'm Not In Love by 10cc. I guess I had never really listened to the lyrics before, because to me it was always a depressing, slow song to listen to when you feel jilted. Not so!

This song is all about a guy who makes a booty call to his ex girlfriend and forgets the One Simple Rule of booty calls. When one makes a booty call, one no longer has any rights to seem Not-Desperate. People seem to forget - relationships break up for a reason.

I'm not in love, so don't forget it
Its just a silly phase I'm going through
And just because I call you up
Dont get me wrong, dont think youve got it made.
Im not in love, no no!
Its because ...
I like to see you, but then again
That doesn't mean you mean that much to me
So if I call you, don't make a fuss
Don't tell your friends about the two of us
I'm not in love, no no!
It's because ...

Pshh what a douchebag! Calm, Cool, Collected = Not You.
Yeah yeah yeah I'm sure he's lying about it all to make himself feel better.
Sounds to me like he's one big emosogynist. My love for this song is now tainted.
In other news, how hot is Damon Albarn (see 0:35!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Zombietron reserves the right to not publish your comment if you choose to be an asshole.
Have a nice day.