March 28, 2009

The Path

It's been a couple of days since I blogged, so here I am again, in the flesh, alive. My mum's been visiting from Townsville and I've been busy for once. You know, eating fancy dinners, going shopping, staying at her fancy hotel, living the high life. This evening we're just sitting around until we head over to Bar Eleven-17 at Cannon Hill for my cousin's 21st party. It just occurred to me that I look way too sexy for a family event. I never dress up this good to go out with my friends. What is wrong with me?

I've recently been playing this awesome game called The Path. It's a twist on Little Red Riding Hood, you play as one of 6 girls and the only instruction you have in the game is to Go to Grandmother's House and Follow the Path. But if you do that, you lose. So you have to wander off the path into the woods where you come across...things.
I played it for about two hours today before I decided to find out if there was a purpose to it. Turns out there is no real way to win. Playing the game isn't about collecting things, or finding the end. It's about immersing yourself in this world, and forming theories of your own on what all the encounters mean. It's a beautiful piece of quiet-horror interactive art, the soundtrack is amazing and the design is absolutely beautiful. If you have Steam, you can get it there, otherwise check out Tale-of-Tales.com. Steam's also having a big sale on indie games at the moment so get into it. Here's a clip from SteamLog to show you what The Path is like. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Zombietron reserves the right to not publish your comment if you choose to be an asshole.
Have a nice day.