March 9, 2009

International Women's Day

International Women's Day was yesterday. I went in a fun run at Southbank that raised money for Chicks in Pink charity. It was 5kms long winding through the city and Botanic Gardens, which I'm sure would have been a really wonderful walk if it weren't for the fact that I was nursing a hangover of epic proportions, and with every step I had to fight to hold down my stomach which wanted to leap from its resting place up through my oesophagus and out, onto the ground in front of me.
It was neither fun, nor did I run. A more apt name would be Unpleasant Stroll. For charity.

I wanted to write something more about International Women's Day but then this morning I read this article about what the Vatican thinks of women and I pretty much just lost it. And then I remembered what my boyfriend said when I told him it was International Women's Day.
"Why don't men get a day?"
Because sweety, when you live in a patriarchy, EVERY DAY is Men's Day.

Happy International Women's Day for yesterday ladies. I hope you weren't as hungover as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Zombietron reserves the right to not publish your comment if you choose to be an asshole.
Have a nice day.