December 28, 2008

Current obsessions

At the moment my head's in a weird place and I have not a lot to say, all I've been doing is looking and taking it all in. So here's a few things that are taking over my brain at the moment....

This blog post by Kate Harding about cyberbullying, please have a read. The second half of the post struck me especially hard and I really haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. It implores men to not condone or just stand by while other men make "jokes" about women being horrible. Except it says it a lot better than I did just then. I was reminded of it while watching SHITTY stand-up comedy with my teenage brothers, who got totally enraged at these idiots going on and on about women being terrible. It was really heartening to see them feel that way, because most other guys I know would have laughed right along, and worse, thought the jokes were funny. I'm just really glad that my little brothers have grown up to be people that I really love and admire.

This interview with Angelina Jolie and Clint Eastwood, interviewed by Andrew Denton on Enough Rope. Count me in Team Angelina dude. She is so intelligent, and caring and wonderful and fuck all the haters man, she can adopt as many bebbehs as she wants, because she can care for them all. I don't care much for her movies, cause truthfully, it's been a while since I saw her in something I liked...aside from Tomb Raider...but I love her outlook on life.

Zoe Bell, stuntwoman
(youtube clip) - she's awesome, she could kick your ass, there's not a lot more that I can say here except she's my hero.

Peachypan, my housemate's friend Fee's store. She sells the most adorable stuff, "cute things for you and your hair". Must save up and buy all of it.

The Lottery by Shirley Jackson, awesome short story that I first listened to in a New Yorker podcast a while ago. Great to listen to on the bus to work and silently freak out over.

ZooBorns. Pictures of baby animals.

ROLLERGIRLS. I am buying rollerskates and learning to skate this year, and hopefully after enough time I can join a roller derby league. I search through flickr for hours just looking at Rollergirls and god, I am so in love with every single one of them. Look through my flickr favourites to see all the best photos I've found.

So I hope everyone had a great Christmas, I got to spend a week at the coast with my family enjoying far too much free alcohol and ham. I'll end with a pic of what I got for Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Zombietron reserves the right to not publish your comment if you choose to be an asshole.
Have a nice day.